What are Digital Analytics
- The collection, measurement, analysis and reporting of data for the purpose of understanding and optimizing digital traffic.
- Digital analytics is not only about collecting data and generating report, but about providing analysis and insightful recommendations that drives change. To do this, focus on what to measure and why it is important.
- It’s a collection of quantitative (ex. clickstream) and qualitative (ex. voice of customer) data.
- Digital analytics must be viewed as a process, not just a tool to provide data.
- The overall goal is to be a data-informed company that makes decisions based on analytics and not by intuition or the opinion of an individual.