Please follow these high-level guiding principles whenever you work on development project for TELUS digital:
- Accessible - We make things for people. Ensure your work is accessible to all (WCAG 2.0 level AA)
- Simple - Avoid over engineering. Favour simple, elegant solutions.
- Open source - Choose open standards and technologies.
- Build for scale - will it work equally well for 100 users vs. 100,000?
- Build for security - are you exposing your users or TELUS?
- Build for reuse - DRY, consider modularity, API’s, data “feeds” and other mechanisms
Coding guidelines can vary significantly from language to language. Please refer to our language specific guidelines for specific standards.